DEVELOP VALUES AND BEHAVIOUR THAT A WORLD CLASS OPM MUST HAVE
What is this Component About?
To identify, define and to promote values and behaviour suitable for a program and project management of excellence. To define how do we want to do things focusing on results.
To create an organizational projects management culture that is aligned with the organizational culture of the company, enabling to generate behaviours that help to generate excellence results.
WHAT SHOULD WE AT LEAST CONSIDER?
- Analysis of the organizational culture, values and established behaviours.
- Behavioural benchmark of a world-class OPM culture.
- Definition of values and behaviours of the OPM subculture within the organization.
- Definition of the GAP between the desired values and behaviours and the organizational culture.
- To carry out a plan to close the GAP through the alignment of both cultures.
- To define celebrations, processes and activities to promote the established OPM culture.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS PRODUCED
- Encourage behaviours towards the achievement of objectives.
- Sense of belonging to the organization's culture, by means of transferring the organizational culture into tangible elements for project executives.
- Quicker adaptation to the business' needs by the introduction of ad-hoc behaviours.
- Develop recruitment and selection processes and competence evaluation.
MOST COMMON MISTAKES
- Not to have a clear definition of what the culture, values and behaviours of the organization are. To rely on an inaccurate definition that might be misunderstood.
- To be unaware of cultural differences of people in times when globalization and the development of multicultural teams are common.